Tuesday, January 1, 2013

January Goals

I think, at a child's birth, if a mother could ask a fairy godmother to endow it with the most useful gift, that gift should be curiosity. 
-Eleanor Roosevelt   
In 2013, I will be curious.  This is my one little word and my year long focus.  I will try new things.  I will test my boundaries.  I will focus on difficult tasks with curiosity rather than dread.  

Curiosity is a challenge because it is not just about the wonderment, it is also about the education.  For me, being curious means trial and error.  It means testing and learning.  It means attempting something new or seemingly impossible.  It means failing but also conquering.  

January goals:
  • Be curious about something new - not sure what this will be but I'll tell you when I find it.  And once I figure out what it is, try it, and by all means, document it. 
  • Finish my 2012 Project Life binder so I can move on to 2013.  You can see the start of 2012 here.
  • Start a new knitting project
  • Pick a half marathon race and start training   
One month ago :: December goals

You can see our decorated tree here & one of our Christmas photos of Aidan here.  I stopped reading The Omnivore's Dilemma with only a few pages to go.  Essentially I ran out of steam with the book and moved on to French Women Don't Get Fat.  It was a fast read even with a newborn (I devoured the book in just over a week).  The bottom line: eat less and move more but said a bit more eloquently.  The author also provides a plethora of recipes so you get a cookbook and a nice story wrapped into one easy read.  My new library book: The Art of Racing in the Rain.

No comments:

Post a Comment