Monday, December 31, 2012

Happiness is....

....having an incredible mom.  My mom is an energizer bunny.  Seriously.  I don't know how she does it but she is nothing short of a rock star.  Somehow her energy never seems to waiver.  And to top it off, she has the best laugh.  I should youtube so you'd know exactly what I mean.

When my mom told me she would help with the baby's arrival, I knew she'd help cook and clean, but I didn't quite expect so much emotional support and care.  Support and care that I really needed for myself.  After long nights of restless sleep, it's been so helpful to know my mom will be arriving in the morning.  It's been so much fun having her spend time with me and Aidan during these first couple weeks.  

Thank you mom for vacuuming two times a day.  There is officially no dust in our home (or at least there wasn't until we skipped out of town for the holidays).  Thank you for making that awesome pear and walnut salad for lunch.  Thank you for keeping my thank you note list and reminding me to get them done.  Thank you for putting up our Christmas tree.  Thank you for being my friend on my grumpiest of mornings.  Thank you putting a thousand miles on your car in a week (ok maybe that is a little overboard but she did a lot of driving).  

And most of all thank you for being such a beautiful example.  For teaching me to love sincerely and deeply, for teaching me to savor chocolate, for teaching me to shop for bargains, and for teaching me that babies can sleep through the noise of a vacuum.  I love you more.  xoxo, bug

No comments:

Post a Comment