Thursday, December 6, 2012

Nursery Room Peak!

I've held off on posting photos of the nursery because we still have three important items to hang.  Once those are up, I'll be snapping photos and explaining all the ideas and details in the room.  And I'm so excited to share it - but not yet!  So for now, I'll share a small peak.  
If you've been reading for a while, you'll notice the dresser that we refinished.  Added to that are some very sentimental items.  From right to left :: the glass jar is filled with booties knitted by the ladies in my knitting class.  My knitting instructor asked ladies from our knitting group and the specific class I attend each week, to knit booties for Aidan.  No pair is alike - they are knitted by different hands, with different yarn, and some with different patterns.  But all of them are knitted with love and special detail.  It took me a little while to figure out a way to display them and this became the best solution.  I am so glad that this very personal gift is out on display and not in a drawer.  

Up next :: the silver cups, bowl, and rattle.  The bowl on the right is my bowl, the cup in the middle is my dad's, and the cup on the left is mine.  The tiny little rattle in front of the bowl was my mom's.  I love that my grandmothers saved these items of my parents, passed them down, and then my mom passed them down to me.  Hopefully, Aidan (or more likely his wife) will appreciate these and continue the tradition. 

And lastly :: the toy trucks were my dad's toys as a kid.  Since the paint is peeling and is likely lead based paint with some asbestos sprinkled in (kidding! but not really...), we're keeping them up high.  They won't be toys for Aidan to use and just serve as decoration.  

Hopefully in the next few days we'll get those last items hung up and I can share the full nursery!  

No comments:

Post a Comment