Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Knitting for baby

Our little faucet's first baby blanket and hat. 

Over the last few weeks, I've incorporated knitting here and here and here.  They were all small projects that I was working on while finishing up this blanket & hat combo.  Finally, what seemed to be a work in progress for way too long, has turned into complete! 

For this project, I used Crystal Palace Yarns Merino 5 :: color 2303, lot 261.  The yarn is quite soft, can be washed in the washing machine (a must for baby items), and is gender neutral (I purchased the yarn when this little guy was still a mystery nugget).  But no worries, I have plenty of blue yarn and project ideas including the mobile, more hats, and sweaters.  Like any good knitter, my ideas are much bigger than reality so I know it would be a good idea to prioritize projects.  
Baby blanket using a simple basket weave stitch pattern plus a garter trim.

No comments:

Post a Comment