Thursday, October 11, 2012

Chunky Cowl with a Twist

Now that the weather is cooling off and fall is settling in, I'm so ready to wear scarves and cowls.  This cream cowl is one of my favorites.  It matches everything and is incredibly warm.  


You can obtain the pattern here through Ravelry.  It is a free pattern download.  I used Lion Brand Wool-Ease Chunky as well and US 13 (9mm) 24" circular needles.  The 24" were too small.  I'd recommend using 29" needles.  But because I used the 24" needles, I created a small but fun mistake.  I twisted my stitches.  You can see the twist in the photo above when the cowl is unraveled.  

Cast on 131 stitches, join in the round and place a marker.  
Row one :: *k1, p1* repeat across row. 
Row two :: *p1, k1* repeat across row.  

Continue in seed stitch until desired width.  BO in pattern.  

No comments:

Post a Comment