Monday, September 3, 2012

On setting goals

Just this past week I came across a blog I find really intriguing.  The writer, Elise of Elise Blaha :: enJOY it, is a girl that I'd love to have as a friend.  She is creative in a number of ways - sewing, knitting, photography, and scrap booking.  I also appreciate her love of pizza; she has a goal to make and consume 40 kinds this year.  And to top it off, she's married to a man in the military.  Seriously, can I crash her house, hang out, and call her a friend?

I'm incredibly impressed by her creativity but I also love that she has quite a few posts about goal setting.  I love this idea so much, I'd like to take on something similar.  So realize first and foremost, this was inspired by Elise.  And to make sure she might still consider being my virtual friend one day, I sent her a message - you can see that and her great post on goal setting here.  

My September goals are a mix that would make me feel both accomplished and happy; and this is exactly where I'd like to focus.
Obviously, this growing belly means I'm getting closer to becoming a mom.  That responsibility is exhilarating and terrifying at the same time.  Setting a few, specific goals over the next three months is a way for me to focus on what is really important but also fulfilling because it should be fun.  This is also a way to practice realistic goal setting and expectations so that once the baby arrives I don't feel as though I have to be perfect.  

My goals for September are to:

  • print more photos :: we have a nice decent printer at home.  I'd like to put it to use or use a local print shop.  
  • read the happiness project :: this book looks really interesting plus I love to read
  • sit on the balcony :: we have a nice outdoor space but don't put it to much use (I blame pollen for this) now that the weather is getting more temperate and pollen isn't quite so bad, I'd like to make more use of this space. 
  • try a new restaurant :: better do this now before eating out becomes more complicated!
  • paint the baby's/my highchair :: our baby's nursery is going to be a mix of old and new.  One of those new pieces is my highchair and I'd like to repurpose it to make it more colorful and updated.  I can't wait to share this little project with you! 

No comments:

Post a Comment