Monday, August 6, 2012

22 Weeks






How far along?  22 weeks + 2 days 
What's on the canvas?  Tissue paper + blue construction paper + plus a clear sheet akin to plastic 
Weight gain: +8 (almost 9!)
Best moments this week: Our gender reveal party where we FINALLY found out that we are having a boy.  My mom did such an awesome job and I will be posting more photos this week with the details.  The party on Saturday was followed by shopping on Sunday.  The timing was fantastic because of a fabulous sale at Carter's plus not having to pay tax in Virginia.  Thank you back to school shopping!  
Miss anything? Sushi and wine, the story of my life right now.  I seriously had hopes that I would somehow suddenly dislike sushi and wine to make pregnancy easier.  Nope.  But, the baby will be here about a week before my birthday and clearly I'll be indulging for birthday festivities. 
Movement: Yes!  After every meal he makes a little debut.  
Pregnancy symptoms? Nothing but this belly growing.  Oh, and my breasts too.  This month they decided to try catching up with my belly.  I'm not sure what is more shocking, that my breasts will keep getting bigger or my belly. 
Maternity clothing?  Nothing new.  Still trying to use all my current dresses for work.  Honestly, I'm disappointed with the lack of clothing options for the second trimester.  Most items are too big and there are very few fitted dresses available.  Don't they know I want to show off my belly with dresses so colorful they challenge your eye sight?
*As you can see from the photos, Mackenzie clearly has no idea what is going on and she was slightly terrified of the canvas.  I love when our 60 lb. dog is petrified by some of the most innocuous objects. 

No comments:

Post a Comment