Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Knitted Bottle Scarf

Personally, I love a handmade gift.  Because of this and my love for knitting, I like to give little gifts that are knitted and hopefully quite useable for the receiver.  This was a present that I recently gave.  The process is quite simple and perfect for the fall and winter.  

You will need to use a yarn that is a medium weight but I skipped taking gauge for this.  Using the main color, cast on 4 stitches and work in stockinette stitch until the piece measures roughly 12 inches.  You have the option to make this shorter or longer depending on what you need it for.  If you are making a scarf for a beer bottle, I'd suggest making the length shorter.  

Next, make two pom poms with the main color and a contrasting color.  If you haven't made a pom pom before, I'd recommend this youtube tutorial.  

Sew the ends into the scarf and affix the pom poms to each end of the scarf.  If you are worried about the pom poms potentially falling off (I did have this happen to one) then you can use a small safety pin.  A pin that is small enough can be hidden into the pom pom.  

Last, pick a bottle of wine and give as a hostess gift with your knitted scarf!  It also looks adorable on display during a party if you want to make a few for yourself.    

No comments:

Post a Comment